Wow -- I am being cosistent! -- Wont always happen like this.
I had a great day. I got the kids off to school and laughed for awhile at the Anita Renfroe clips. Then I went to the temple. I actually like going by myself. I have more time to concentrate and contemplate. The grounds are always so beautiful I wish that I had brought my camera because it was different that even a few months ago. Anyhow. I did see a woman that I admire so much and have the utmost respect for. I actually knew that she was going with some of her own ward friends. I had set up to meet her after and talk about some Primary/ scout stuff. It was so peaceful to be there and then so nice to spend some time with Diane.
When I got home Brandon and I went to the grocery store - a much needed trip -- and we got to visit. It has been nice to have some alone time with him before the other two come home. He is adjusting fine to the new school but the first few days were kind of rough. Mainly meeting new kids. He had 2 friends that he knew on his team. I told him that he had to meet someone new each day and report back to me - which he has done.
At 5 PM Todd and I had made a date to meet to go to the Taste of Douglas County together. They have it at the fairgrounds and probably 30 or more restaurants come in to bring samples of their foods. You just walk around from place to place eating all varieties of stuff form ribs and pizza, to steak and chocolate (not mixed) It has to be fun!!
Anyway, it was nice to be together for a while. We have really started enjoying our short cheap outings together just to visit. Todd had band practice after that and Brandon and I did pre -Algebra homework. It is a fairly early for me but I think I will read for awhile and go to bed. Todd and the boys are going on a 14er camping/hiking trip tomorrow afternoon so it is just Christen and me this weekend.
I had a great day. I got the kids off to school and laughed for awhile at the Anita Renfroe clips. Then I went to the temple. I actually like going by myself. I have more time to concentrate and contemplate. The grounds are always so beautiful I wish that I had brought my camera because it was different that even a few months ago. Anyhow. I did see a woman that I admire so much and have the utmost respect for. I actually knew that she was going with some of her own ward friends. I had set up to meet her after and talk about some Primary/ scout stuff. It was so peaceful to be there and then so nice to spend some time with Diane.
When I got home Brandon and I went to the grocery store - a much needed trip -- and we got to visit. It has been nice to have some alone time with him before the other two come home. He is adjusting fine to the new school but the first few days were kind of rough. Mainly meeting new kids. He had 2 friends that he knew on his team. I told him that he had to meet someone new each day and report back to me - which he has done.
At 5 PM Todd and I had made a date to meet to go to the Taste of Douglas County together. They have it at the fairgrounds and probably 30 or more restaurants come in to bring samples of their foods. You just walk around from place to place eating all varieties of stuff form ribs and pizza, to steak and chocolate (not mixed) It has to be fun!!
Anyway, it was nice to be together for a while. We have really started enjoying our short cheap outings together just to visit. Todd had band practice after that and Brandon and I did pre -Algebra homework. It is a fairly early for me but I think I will read for awhile and go to bed. Todd and the boys are going on a 14er camping/hiking trip tomorrow afternoon so it is just Christen and me this weekend.






2 comments:
Sounds like a fun, productive day! I loved your little clips that you added -- especially the mom overture one. I had seen it before, but it was fun to see it again and just laugh!!
You are on a roll!!! That is great that you can go to the temple in the middle of the day....I have to admit, i will enjoy doing that in a couple of years....I don't plan on being able to until Kayleigh is in 1st grade....2 more years....however, i love having my kids at the ages they are at right now, so i wont wish the time away!!!
Post a Comment