On Saturday Todd was gone with Christen visiting his parents. The boys and I had some "bonding" time working around the house and cleaning. I was vacuuming up in Christen's room when all of the sudden the vacuum made a horrible noise and stared smoking. It was not a good thing. I have repaired this vacuum many times, changing the belt, cleaning it out etc. No big deal. I thought this would be a great time to teach my sons how to do this very thing. We worked on it for quite a while and then I realized that a part of it that holds the roller thing had actually melted off (thus the smoke and bad smell) I realized that there was no way to fix it. I was so frustrated! The funny thing was when both my boys said at the same time, "Oh Mom! you need some chocolate! That will make you feel better!!" Then they got some from their ward Halloween trunk or treat stash to give me.
I love my boys!! Now if they can remember the importance of chocolate for their wives when they get married, besides knowing how to change the vacuum belt! BTW Todd has done both for me - surprised me with chocolate and occasionally changed the belt when he is around. What a good man!!
7 years ago






5 comments:
We had to replace our vacuum about a month ago....i have to admit, it is fun sometimes to get a new vacuum....although, i can think of other things that would be more fun to put money to! How funny that your boys thought chocolate would help....you have trained them well!!!
That chocolate comment is GREAT! I have an extra vacuum you can borrow (pretty decent) until you get a new one! Come by and pick it up if you like!
Way to teach those boys early how to make a girl happy!! :) Their future wives are going to love you!
How sweet...keep it up boys! ;)
As for the vacuum...maybe you could talk Todd into one of those fancy Kirby vacuums! (I know I'd love one!)
Happy Halloween btw!
I wish on the Kirby. Not happening. I got a Bissell on sale.
Post a Comment