Sunday, October 19, 2008

Brandon Plays with the Big Boys




This past Friday Brandon and his middle school band got the chance to practice and play with
the High School band before and during a football game. He had such a great time. Trevor and Christen and I were able to watch him. I was so excited to take some great pictures of him and then I realized there was no battery in my camera. I was so frustrated! I thought about going home to get it but didnt. I met one of the other band moms and she let me take a few pics. The only problem was that I jiggled somehow and they didnt come out too great. UHG! She didnt have the viewbox thing on (So I went for the special effects for this one)

Anyhow, he was so excited. They got to practice marching on the field and then had sectionals with them and ate dinner. Then they all played in the pep band. His trombone was a novelty because they dont march with trombones at this school. He was able to try out a baratone which is what he will play just for marching and some of the kids played his trombone. (with their own mouthpieces) I guess they march in a tight formation and the trombones are too dangerous -- slides flailing around hitting people. He will still play his trombone for concert band and jazz band.

Then at half time the middle school went out to the field with the HS band and all played the fight song. It was fun to watch. Too bad I dont have a little video clip to share. The Huskies won which was exciting and we had a great night. I havent been to a HS football game in say 20 years! I think we have a lot in our future though!!

1 comment:

the medeiros family said...

Awesome Brandon...that is so cool! :)

Our Music


The Great Sand Dunes

The Great Sand Dunes
Here we are at the visitors center. Todd and Christen actually climbed pretty far up the dunes. We had fun playing in Medano Creek after we climbed.

Dancing Christen

Dancing Christen
Christen just had a recital with her group and did a great job!

temple fountain

temple fountain
One more of the temple visit. Every kid loves the fountain!

Mt Rushmore

Mt Rushmore

Families are Forever

Families are Forever
for Brooke and Family