I love it. The older I get the more I appreciate General Conference. I have always listened or watched but now it seems like I am making it more personal to me and my family. You know when people say." Oh that talk was meant just for me. . ." There seemed to be alot of those this weekend. It also helps that my kids will either sit for awhile and listen while they are doing a little project or they know to not bug me if they havre had enough. I love that Todd and Brandon go to the Priesthood session together. Brandon is all about the ice cream afterward too!
Sunday morning we went over to Mark and Lori's with a buinch of people to have a pot luck brunch and watch Conference. They are moving on Saturday and my family and I are SO SAD!! We are happy for them to have the experience of living back east. We will definately be visiting and finally get to see Todd's brother and wife too. We will have to plan it out. Anyhow, we had a nice time - and it was nice for us because we just watch on the internet --which we are greatful for - dont get me wrong. I remember when I lived in Australia we had to wake up at like 2 AM and go down to our little chapel. There was no Tivo or recordings bake then. Wow, how things have changed!!
I love the church website too - http://www.lds.org/ . I was looking up some scriptures and studying some talks for a workshop that we are doing in November and it made it so easy. It has also helped thatr our friend Travis came over and fixed our computer to go MUCH FASTER than it was both for email and internet. IT people are so smart!!
7 years ago






1 comment:
love the new blog header...isn't conference so great!
Post a Comment