Friday, August 13, 2010

Camping for Trevor and Brandon

Trevor had a great scout camp this year. He loves having his dad as a leader. They went to Camp Dietler this year. The difference from last year is that they had to prepare all of their own food instead of going to the cafeteria. The food was provided but they did the cooking and cleaning. I was impressed that Trevor really enjoyed that and even did a lot of cooking when he came home. He even learned how to make lasagna in a dutch oven!! Seeing as though Brandon has a Foods class in High School I think that both of them will each have a night for making dinner!

Anyhow, the whole group had a great time and got along well. They did canoe, rifle, and metalwork. There may be more I cant remember. Christen and I came up for the family night and the boys did a skit and told us all that they had been learning.







Brandon pictures-------


Brandon and his group were totally thrilled to prepare and go on their Eco-Challenge High Adventure Trip. The activities included river rafting - a first for Brandon - hiking a 14er, biking, rapelling. Everyone was safe and had a great time!! They were so excited to do something bigger and better than regular camping trips. Also recently this group went water skiing and tubing. This was also a first for Brandon. It was awesome -- except that the waterskiis were too small for Brandon's size 13 feet!!!! I felt so bad for him!! Tyler's feet were also too wide. Poor Guys! I guess he did try the lake board a bit and he loved the tubing.

No comments:

Our Music


The Great Sand Dunes

The Great Sand Dunes
Here we are at the visitors center. Todd and Christen actually climbed pretty far up the dunes. We had fun playing in Medano Creek after we climbed.

Dancing Christen

Dancing Christen
Christen just had a recital with her group and did a great job!

temple fountain

temple fountain
One more of the temple visit. Every kid loves the fountain!

Mt Rushmore

Mt Rushmore

Families are Forever

Families are Forever
for Brooke and Family