Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Christen's Hair Saga


Ahh, summertime. . . Time to relax, have fun and for Christen its time to paint nails and hey - even color some hair maybe? Why not? We have some friends who had done a kool aid dye. We did this with the knowledge that is would wash out after a few washes. Really - that is what we were told --- so after a few weeks I got a bit concerned about it coming out. At least it would be out by school time right? Well - remember that I am catching up and her hair still has some pink. It actually turned out super cute and we have enjoyed it this summer. She has even learned how to french braid and she has let me play with her hair more. I gave her a few bangs and it was all good.


Well - until several days ago when I was thinking about school starting and I took matters into my own hands. I went into phycho mode and tried to bleach her hair myself. I will have to add more details later but it went wrong - very very wrong. So, she has a new cute "a line" hair cut - still with a little pink. I have profusely appoligized over and over - and even got my own hair cut short. Im just hoping that the dean doesnt give her a dress code violation on Thursday - her first day of school. Sigh...
Later -- well she made it though and didnt get kicked out of school! More on her first day of school in another post.



2 comments:

Jackie said...

With her face-she could be bald.She is beautiful. Don't beat yourself up. We all do "mommy mess-ups" on our kids hair. They survive. :)

the medeiros family said...

The new haircut looks really cute! I can't believe the kool aid didn't come out all summer! wow...maybe the hair industry so look into using it! Christen is beautiful!! :)

Our Music


The Great Sand Dunes

The Great Sand Dunes
Here we are at the visitors center. Todd and Christen actually climbed pretty far up the dunes. We had fun playing in Medano Creek after we climbed.

Dancing Christen

Dancing Christen
Christen just had a recital with her group and did a great job!

temple fountain

temple fountain
One more of the temple visit. Every kid loves the fountain!

Mt Rushmore

Mt Rushmore

Families are Forever

Families are Forever
for Brooke and Family