Todd with his sling. Picture taken with the new laptop.I just noticed that I have posted 225 posts! Wow. we have been having computer issues and was hoping to be a 2 computer family when we got this new laptop, but would you believe that the very day that we got the laptop the old desk top died. There were some pictures that I had not backed up - I know stupid me - so Iam extra grateful now that I have been blogging the important stuff at least! Our really smart computer friend, Travis, is helping us to recover our stuff. I hope.
We are so stupid with computers. As long as they work when you push the button we are good. Now we are learning how to do a laptop - yes we are behind - and vista and all the rest. Have any of you used Skype? I have seen it before - like on Oprah - and apparently we are set up for it - but we know nothing. I actually got on our REALLY old desktop that was in the basement to see if it was worth anything (nope) and it was so funny to see how much things have changed just in say ten years. Amazing.
Anyhow, we didnt go anywhere for Spring Break, with Todd's surgery and all. It has been nice to be lazy. We went to see Race to Witch Mountain with the kids, we saw Todd's folks (thanks for the button down short sleeved shirts for Todd with his arm!) and the kids and friends all went sledding after the big storm the other day. I will post some before pictures with Christen actually sunbathing and running through the hand sprinklers just a few days before the storm. Crazy. We also spent time with our neighbors, went to a local Catholic church fish fry, watched DVDs, including a marathon of Brady Bunch during the storm, and started the process for Brandon's Eagle project. Todd is feeling better each day, but it is still much slower and a bigger deal than we were expecting. My friend, Melanie, said that her husband has had one shoulder done and needs the other one done but you think twice about doing it again after the first. Now we understand.
Todd's Aunt and Uncle passed away this past week. It was an accident. This was especially sad for us because Aunt Ruth was the one that introduced Todd to me and we were very close to them. Christen was named after this aunt and my mom -- Christen Ruth. I so wish the we could go to the funeral in California but with Todd's recent surgery and expense we are not. They lived in the town where I graduated from High School.






3 comments:
Lisa -- I LOVE your t-shirt blanket!! I've always wanted one like that. I think they're so personal and unique AND fun -- all at the same time! :o) And how fun to have pictures playing in the sprinkler AND snow -- all in the same week! What crazy CO weather we have! I hope Todd is feeling better and better every day!
Lisa--
Can't believe all that snow....ok, so i can....good ol' colorado....what really makes me laugh is that Christen was out in sprinklers a few days before that. Sorry to hear of Todd's aunt and uncle.....what did they pass away from....for both of them to pass away in the same week.
Sounds like a rather relaxing spring break -- nice work on the blanket! Sorry to hear of the passing of Todd's family members, especially being that you were close.
Post a Comment