Sunday, March 1, 2009

My unexpected trip



So--- about 10 days ago I totally biffed it - face plant as I was getting the kids to the car after school. Big bruises on my knees and my hands were full so fell on my face - hit the edge of my glasses and voila!! Ive been wearing big sunglasses and trying to hide it with make up when I have to. Bummer. After a week and a half it is still totally obvious but starting to heal. This picture was three days after. Todd really had nothing to do with it. The girl we carpool with was directly in front of me and then suddenly stopped in the middle of the street! I tripped over her and her big ole backpack. I was holding Christen's hand and then my other hand was full off waterbottles and kids stuff. Luckily, we were out of the way of the cars. I was so embarrassed I just got up and headed straight to the car. I had to get my glasses adjusted and then go to a Blue and Gold dinner for one of the wards I am over.
Actually, another interesting thing about that day was that earlier before all of that happened I decided to wash the van because it was like 55 degrees not a cloud in the sky. I was so proud of myself. Then after the blue and Gold iwas at I drove home in a total snowstorm and then the next day it was back in the 50's. Crazy weather we have here!!

No comments:

Our Music


The Great Sand Dunes

The Great Sand Dunes
Here we are at the visitors center. Todd and Christen actually climbed pretty far up the dunes. We had fun playing in Medano Creek after we climbed.

Dancing Christen

Dancing Christen
Christen just had a recital with her group and did a great job!

temple fountain

temple fountain
One more of the temple visit. Every kid loves the fountain!

Mt Rushmore

Mt Rushmore

Families are Forever

Families are Forever
for Brooke and Family