Sunday, November 23, 2008

STARLIGHTING 2008


We had a great evening last night at the annual STARLIGHTING. We met up with our friends and neighbors Dave and Denise. They had never been so we had to share the fun. After Todd played at the bandstand we took the trolley to the festivities where we walked around and got all of the free cookies, candy, hot chocolate and cider. We love visiting all of the different church booths. One church does a live nativity with real animals and it was also fun to see our missionaries caroling. The kids also got fre glowsticks and pens.

OK - we really love the freebes!!


The crowds gathered we were reminded once again why we love living here. We have such a great community. We sang carols and then Santa came to turn the switch for the star. The weather was great and the evening part of our special family tradition to start off the holidays. There were fireworks after and then our friends came over to our house for nachos and dessert.
Turn down my music below to watch and hear videos.




2 comments:

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Christmas stuff already???? I can't believe the holidays are here! I am feeling like Jared was last year....I am excited for Thanksgiving this week....mostly b/c I am excited to decorate for Christmas!
I love your elf stuff....I am going to have to try that!!!

the medeiros family said...

Ahh...the Star Lighting!! What a great part of Castle Rock...miss that!

Our Music


The Great Sand Dunes

The Great Sand Dunes
Here we are at the visitors center. Todd and Christen actually climbed pretty far up the dunes. We had fun playing in Medano Creek after we climbed.

Dancing Christen

Dancing Christen
Christen just had a recital with her group and did a great job!

temple fountain

temple fountain
One more of the temple visit. Every kid loves the fountain!

Mt Rushmore

Mt Rushmore

Families are Forever

Families are Forever
for Brooke and Family