Saturday, November 15, 2008

Time and Effort Well Worth It!!


Things have been so crazy here for awhile! I have been helping to prepare for our Stake Activity Day Girls Conference, which was today. It went so well! We were all very pleased. It never ceases to amaze me how much time and preparation and prayer goes into events like this --and then suddenly it is over. It is all so worth it of course - and - "If ye are prepared ye shall not fear" has been my motto. I actually was a few days ahead of myself so I wasnt really a stressed out basket case like I am usually. I think that Todd and the kids appreciated this too!! He has been such a great support during all of this!

My workshop was on the Birth of Christ. It was a great excuse to get some of the Christmas decorations out early to use - like my nativity from my Israel Study Abroad (Ok I just realized that that was about 20 years ago -I really AM old!!) and the manger that we put straw in to make a soft bed for Jesus everytime someone does something nice for them the recipient puts in a piece of straw. I also shared the story of the White Envelope. http://www.heartlight.org/articles/199912/19991225_envelope.html This is a great tradition that my brother Ralph has done with his family and shared with us last year.

I also never realized what an incredible resourse http://www.lds.org/ is! I have used it somewhat to get primary lessons and such, but REALLY -it is amazing! Use it for anytime you need to prepare something in a gospel setting.

Anyhow, when I got how I was exhausted. I ate soft taco Todd had gotten at Taco Bell and I took a great NAP!! The alarm went off and I was confused - wondering what time it was and if I was late for something! My feet hurt so I soaked them in the tub and used my foot care kit to pamper myself a little. Then I called my friend Lori - who I MISS SO MUCH! I love those free minutes on the weekends! I should call more of you more often.

I think it is a pancake for dinner night tonight - actually -Julie -- we have been doing A LOT of Fluffy Oven pancakes -http://southernfood.about.com/od/pancakesandwaffles/r/bl00804e.htm
lately thanks to your inspiration!! Thank you for a new family favorite!!.

wow - look at all of my links! Check them out. So -- how do you rename the links so it looks better? I guess I will be asking Ann this week!

2 comments:

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Glad your event went well!!!I know you have put a lot of time into it! As far as links...this is something I learned at my "blog lesson"----if you click on the icon to the right of the color icon when you are posting, that is to put links in....so, you could have it so "white envelope story" is in a different color, and when people click on it, it will take them to that link....or you can write clike "here"---and have here as your link word....anyway, sort of fun!!! Just thought i would let you know....only b/c you asked!

SaraColorado said...

You did a really nice job with the activity. I'm glad to help any way I can! I can completely relate to your "sigh of relief that it's over" feeling...those events have a way of being a bit stressful.

Thanks for all of your effort! Isabel shared that she had a really nice time.

Our Music


The Great Sand Dunes

The Great Sand Dunes
Here we are at the visitors center. Todd and Christen actually climbed pretty far up the dunes. We had fun playing in Medano Creek after we climbed.

Dancing Christen

Dancing Christen
Christen just had a recital with her group and did a great job!

temple fountain

temple fountain
One more of the temple visit. Every kid loves the fountain!

Mt Rushmore

Mt Rushmore

Families are Forever

Families are Forever
for Brooke and Family