Monday, November 3, 2008

The Lost and Found tooth

This past Friday I got a message on my phone from Christen. She was at the school office. Here is how it went: "Yeah, mom, uh, I found Brandon's lost tooth in my snack bag (with my cookies) uh, yeah."

CRAZY! -what? How you ask?

Yes - it is true.

Thursday night I was at a stk meeting until very late. As I came in the kids were in bed- thanks Todd- Todd mentioned that Brandon lost one of his last molars. I asked if he had taken care of "things" We still have a special visitor because of our youngest. Apparently, Todd was waiting for me to take care of it. I told him to go ahead because I had to do a few things before bed.

Friday morning was hectic because of the Harvest parties and the typical getting the kids out the door scenario. I quickly made lunches, proud of myself that we actually had fresh baked cookies for a treat.

Yeah -so how did the tooth get into the cookie bag? Well - the tooth fairy must have gotten hungry on the way out and had a cookie, mistakenly dropping the tooth in the jar!! -

OR - the tooth in the sandwich bag (where our family puts it and then under the pillow) got put in the tin foil/baggie drawer instead of "away" after. Todd is saying that he gave it to me, but I dont remember anything - hey it was 11 pm!! Shouldnt the dad take care of those things every once in awhile? Christen was grossed out, but I dont think it will send her to a therapist!

2 comments:

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

that is sort of funny!!!

Cindy Reed said...

What a funny story, Lisa!! As long as the tooth-fairy ends up with that tooth - that's all that matters, right!?

Our Music


The Great Sand Dunes

The Great Sand Dunes
Here we are at the visitors center. Todd and Christen actually climbed pretty far up the dunes. We had fun playing in Medano Creek after we climbed.

Dancing Christen

Dancing Christen
Christen just had a recital with her group and did a great job!

temple fountain

temple fountain
One more of the temple visit. Every kid loves the fountain!

Mt Rushmore

Mt Rushmore

Families are Forever

Families are Forever
for Brooke and Family