Yesterday, I had an opportunity to visit a ward Primary program. (It was not my own ward.) With my calling I will be going to 9 Sacrament programs in the next 2 months! I was so impressed! Everything went so smoothly and the children were very reverent. They also made very meaningful comments and testimonies. The music was wonderful. Afterward, I got to meet the Primary president. What an inspirational woman! Unfortunately we missed visiting with the children because they have their Sacrament meeting last. We hope to speak with them next week.
As we were chatting with the Primary president all of the sudden there was a scurry in the hall and people were asking if anyone was a nurse or doctor because there was a child not breathing. We were frantic! Immediately we called 911 and two women began CPR. The girl was from another ward and their Primary was just finishing up. Luckily, the primary children did not know what was going on. The girl collapsed in the hallway. I ran outside to flag down the ambulance. The hospital is about 5 or so minutes away. The EMTs came and took over. They worked on her for quite a while without leaving. Then they finally left for the hospital. Our Stk Primary President went to the hospital to be with the mother and father. Blessings were given and prayers were offered. The ward was just finishing up so we were grateful that we were there at that time to be able to support the family until the ward could take over. I went home with the ladies that I drove and we waited anxiously to hear any news. The girl was air lifted to another hospital and as the helicopter left the Ward RS Pres and Counsellor arrived to take their responsibilities from there. We were all so concerned and the 2 ladies that I drove home were pretty shaken because they had seen the drama unfold while I was outside at a distance. All we could do was wait.
There was a Stk Youth fireside that Brandon was supposed to go to. I needed to divert my mind so I took Brandon to the Standards Fireside. It was excellent and I was so glad we went. It reminded me of all of those youth firesides I attended! News had spread and they prayed for the family at the fireside. When I got home I got a phone call that the girl was not doing well at all. She had been deprived of enough oxygen needed for so long. She had been sick the last few weeks but had been cared for and had antibiotics.
I didnt sleep well at all last night. I just felt the sorrow of that young family. As I was getting the kids ready I got a call to substitute at the kids' school. Not in the plans, but I decided to take it. It was 6th grade Social Studies and Language Arts. The day went pretty well but every time I had an extra moment free without students I was drawn to the big window that faced the playground. I saw so many happy children playing and laughing happily, and so carefree. All I could think about and pray for was that sweet little child of God and her family. When I got home I got another phone call that said that it was still very questionable and decisions would be made soon. It is all so sad, and yet with the gospel knowledge that we have it seems that things no matter how they turn out it will be ok in the eternal perspective. My president mentioned that when she was in the waiting room with the parents initially there was such a peaceful calm in the room. The mother was crying, but there seemed to be an understanding that they would be taken care of no matter what.
More later. . .
7 years ago






1 comment:
Gosh lisa that is sooooo scary. Was she a healthy child other than what she needed to take antibiotics for? Post with an update. I hope she is OK. So sad and makes you want to love your kids even more because you never know what could happen.
Post a Comment