I felt like I wanted to post today. Now its late so I may finish this tomorrow. Anyhow 7 years ago today Todd called me up from work to tell me the news. he left very early to work. It was Trevor's very first day of preschool. I was doing a co op with my friend Pam -remember Pam? - We didnt realize the extent at the time and I remember later she wished that we would have cancelled. Brandons first day of kindergarten at his brand new school was 4 days later. Christen was 7 months old. Todds brother Roger was our closest contact of people being in the area. He actually had a meeting either in the Pentagon from what I remember - or very close to it. He was safe.
What an emotional day, and weeks to follow and years now. I made sure we posted our flag today. We have several family members and friends who have served or are serving in the military then and/or now -- in the action or away. Thank you so much for your service to our country. We so appreciate you!
Will it ever end? It is so sad.
I have been pretty emotional lately - not just from the anniversary of 9/11. Thanks to mom and dad E for being so supportive and for my friends in my new calling. Its interesting how sometimes you can be so contemplative about your life and those things around you that affect you -- and then you dont think about those things for a long time. Todd, you are the best too! Thanks for putting up with my ups and downs!!
I was in the temple today and thought while I was there that it was the safest place to be. I saw someone there that I hadnt seen for 10 years from our last ward. That was fun! I also got my peaches that I ordered from the western slope. Cant wait until they are ready to eat and can!! Yummy.
7 years ago






3 comments:
Lisa--
just one little bit of change in your info....Christen would have been born....b/c my memory of that day was nursing Jared while watching the breaking news that morning.....I know what you mean though, I have been thinking about that day all week....just crazy what happened....it was a weird day, weeks and months, and now years that followed....so sad....
You are right--I thought of that after I wrote it and then forgot to change it!!
I've been so awful at blogging lately -- sorry! But I wanted to tell you how cute yor blog looks and how amazing your picture up on top is! I LOVE it!! :o) You guys are such a cute family!!
Post a Comment