Sunday, February 3, 2008

Starting the new year with a sledding BANG!







Over the Martin Luther King holiday weekend we had a fun sledding trip to a local elementary school's fairly steep hill. We had a blast. It was perfect weather. I dont always go along when Todd and the kids take their sledding trips, but I decided to be a good sport. It was good exercise climbing up that steep hill!!
So, I felt like having some fun so I said, "Todd, Lets race!" It reminded me of BYU days when we'd get the cafeteria trays from the Morris center and sled down the Bell Tower hill - ok - I didnt know Todd then but it was still fun! So - all of the sudden I went blasting down the hill and Todd wasnt behind me. I was still going very fast near the end of the hill and so I slid on the pavement -ok -fine -- but then I went into the curb, trying to stop with my feet but ending up stopping with a big thud with my tush!! Wow, did that hurt! And the bruise I had! Woah - It is actually still there. I didnt break anything - too much padding -- but I tried to be a good sport and went down - barely-- one more time.

No comments:

Our Music


The Great Sand Dunes

The Great Sand Dunes
Here we are at the visitors center. Todd and Christen actually climbed pretty far up the dunes. We had fun playing in Medano Creek after we climbed.

Dancing Christen

Dancing Christen
Christen just had a recital with her group and did a great job!

temple fountain

temple fountain
One more of the temple visit. Every kid loves the fountain!

Mt Rushmore

Mt Rushmore

Families are Forever

Families are Forever
for Brooke and Family