Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Day of School


Brandon started school on Monday (8th gr) Brandon was a bit disappointed what he got home because he wasnt with many of his friends and they also split up the band class so he wasnt with some of those people either. However, he feels now like he will survive. Everyday I tell him to meet one or two new people and tell me about them. Yesterday afternoon I told him to meet 3 people for today. He then said, - "that is too many!!" Poor kid! He is doing better and even wants to run for Student Council Treasurer.


Trevor is in 6th gr - middle school where he is. He is doing just fine and didnt seem to bothered by the changes of moving around classes etc. He has the teachers that Brandon had so that is good.
Christen has a new teacher for 3rd gr who just moved here from Georgia. We were hoping for either of the other teachers but I think it will be fine. She had a good day yesterday and has quite a few friends in her class.
I dont feel pressured to be a room mom this year -- so Im not going to be!! Hopefully, I still will substitute every once in a while. I especially missed the kids as I ate my lunch alone yesterday! We needed maybe one more week of summer!


2 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow -- check out all of the fun stuff you've done to your blog!! It looks great, Lisa! You'll have to teach me how to do these collages one day! They're awesome!!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

I am a little envious that your kids are in school! We have had a great, fun summer....but it seems that all the fun stuff is done, and now we are just in the waiting mode!! I am trying hard to be creative with fun ideas fro the kids to do....but i have to admit, my creativity is dwindling the older i get!

Our Music


The Great Sand Dunes

The Great Sand Dunes
Here we are at the visitors center. Todd and Christen actually climbed pretty far up the dunes. We had fun playing in Medano Creek after we climbed.

Dancing Christen

Dancing Christen
Christen just had a recital with her group and did a great job!

temple fountain

temple fountain
One more of the temple visit. Every kid loves the fountain!

Mt Rushmore

Mt Rushmore

Families are Forever

Families are Forever
for Brooke and Family