Sunday, May 10, 2009

My ladies weekend











Last weekend I had a rare treat of flying to Utah for the weekend. The purpose was to go to BYU Women's Conference with my mom, sister, sister in laws and a few nieces. It was great fun. A side bonus was seeing a few wonderful friends!! As soon as I got off the plane and found the car that Teresa had left for me - THANK YOU! - I met my friend Julie and Rachel for a late lunch. It was so awesome to see them! Sorry I missed you Jackie. It was nice to catch up. Then I had some time before I was to meet up with the family so I saw the Draper temple in the distance and decided to drive up to it. From there I saw 3 temples in the area. On my whole trip I think I counted that I saw 7 temples. Crazy!
After that I decided to stop by Temple Square. The tulips were beautiful. I love seeing the Christus in the visitors center. I also stopped in the JSB, looked around and went to the distribution center downstairs. Also checked out the Conference Center.
After the BYU conference I also got to see one of my best and oldest friends and college roommates. Amy and I knew eachother in Texas in High School too. She is on bedrest now - expecting her 3rd girl. She has a 4 yr old and then had recently adopted a beautiful baby about 5 months ago so she will have her hands FULL!! I hadnt met Audrianna yet so that was so fun.
I was REALLY grateful for my little GPS to get me around!!

No comments:

Our Music


The Great Sand Dunes

The Great Sand Dunes
Here we are at the visitors center. Todd and Christen actually climbed pretty far up the dunes. We had fun playing in Medano Creek after we climbed.

Dancing Christen

Dancing Christen
Christen just had a recital with her group and did a great job!

temple fountain

temple fountain
One more of the temple visit. Every kid loves the fountain!

Mt Rushmore

Mt Rushmore

Families are Forever

Families are Forever
for Brooke and Family