Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree


A few weeks ago we were amazed as we watched our neighbors putting up their outdoor lights. Now we are wishing we had been as wise. It snowed 7 inches all day on Sunday. Light may have to wait awhile. Of course, it was clear and 50 degrees today! Typical. Anyhow, we have been working on the inside decorations this weekend. It is always a major undertaking because we have a big tree in a small front room. It is worth it even if we have to move a chair out. One funny thing that happened was that when we moved things around I decided we might as well vacuum, getting the edges and dust everything. I had Christen use the duster that we had just gotten at the dollar store. She said, "Mom, why are we doing this?" (referring to the dusting) It came out funny I guess because Im not much of a duster. I said, "well, most people dust monthly - or more, but we dust less than that!" - quarterly - or yearly in some spots when we rearrange to to the tree. My bad!


To top it of fthe next day when Todd was helping to put the tree up he kept on sneezing. I asked him if he was ok and he said,"Oh it is just the dust." Guess who picked up a new job?! Kidding.


Anyhow, even though we are still in a bit of a mess it has been fun preparing for Christmas. Today for FHE I shared the White Envelope story and we will do that as a family.


1 comment:

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

I am with you on the dusting thing....doesn't happen as often as it should....for sure when my mom comes to visit....and then, well, when my kids start writing notes in the dust!

Our Music


The Great Sand Dunes

The Great Sand Dunes
Here we are at the visitors center. Todd and Christen actually climbed pretty far up the dunes. We had fun playing in Medano Creek after we climbed.

Dancing Christen

Dancing Christen
Christen just had a recital with her group and did a great job!

temple fountain

temple fountain
One more of the temple visit. Every kid loves the fountain!

Mt Rushmore

Mt Rushmore

Families are Forever

Families are Forever
for Brooke and Family