Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!


Nativity Play with the neighbors and visit from Santa!






Christmas morning - Traditional kids on the stairs, Brandon got a huge lego set, Trevor a hi tide/ rip stick, Christen an mp3 player and webkins, Todd and I a GPS - I am so excited! We also got a Wii. So Fun!




When Todd's parents came for Christmas dinner they gave each of the kids a special CTR ring. However, before they knew what it was, Grandpa had wrapped them up in 1000's of plastic bags and newspapers and then in big boxes and packing peanuts. It was funny watching then unwrap, and unwrap and unwrap. Gpa was having some fun! - It was a mess to clean up - especially those staticy packing peanuts!!

Christmas aftermath


I made hats and scarves for all of us -- learned that at enrichment!


Doggie Party - Angus and Odie


Angus and Misty

Cake!!

Ok -December flew by and the blogging just didnt happen. Since my kids have been home from school I have to fight for computer time. Today was wonderful. We hung out and had Todd's parents here for dinner. Unfortunately, our children are not old enough to want to sleep in, so we were up at 5 AM!! Crazy. At least the day always seems longer - more time together. I did take a nap by 9:30 AM. I had to or I would be bad mood mom for sure!! Last night we had two sets of neighbors over to do the nativity play and have hot chocolate after. It was nice. They had not done this as a tradition, so it was fun to share what we do as a family. Then we watched the dvd Joy to the World. As that was finishing up we had a special surprise visitor --Santa! It was great. our kids and our neighborkids thought that was the best!!


By the way, yesterday I did two things that I never have before. I tried roasted Chestnuts - you know - like the song --Chestnuts roasting on an open fire -- and at the same place I tried the chestnuts (our neighbors Dave and Denise) we were invited to a doggie 1st birthday party. They are really into their dogs - and they dont have kids - so they had a party for Angus. We have gotten to know Angus because I have help by letting him out during the day time as he was being trained. He really is the best and most friendly doberman that I have ever seen. I am not really much of a big dog person, but he is a good dog. Anyway, there was doggie ice cream and cake and then people ice cream and cake. Wow!! I also really liked the chestnuts. You have to score them before baking them and they come out soft. Two new experiences in one day!!

1 comment:

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Hey! We got a Wii, too...from Santa!!! Looks like you had a fun christmas! I will call you soon!

Our Music


The Great Sand Dunes

The Great Sand Dunes
Here we are at the visitors center. Todd and Christen actually climbed pretty far up the dunes. We had fun playing in Medano Creek after we climbed.

Dancing Christen

Dancing Christen
Christen just had a recital with her group and did a great job!

temple fountain

temple fountain
One more of the temple visit. Every kid loves the fountain!

Mt Rushmore

Mt Rushmore

Families are Forever

Families are Forever
for Brooke and Family