
Friday Dec 14th Todd took the day off work to help me finish up the shopping. This has become a tradition in the past few years because I tend to feel overwhelmed - especially with Brandon's birthday in December. ( just a side note about Brandon's birthday --He told us to wake him up on his birthday at 5:13 in the morning because that was when he was born. I laughed at him and said, "how about I wake you up at 3 am and push you around for 2 hours since that is how long it took me to push you out!!)
Anyhow, Todd cant take time off work close to Christmas so this does help. We had an enjoyable time together running errands and going out to lunch. He helped with carpool and I visit taught. We were planning on Christen's dance recital that evening. We were all set to go - got to the rec center while people were milling about. I went over and put some lipstick on my little dancer. The girls were exchanging their gifts as was planned. Then Trevor came up to me and said, "- so are we going now?" I said, "what are you talking about?" Then I glanced around and people were packing up to leave!! I was a bit confused until I realized that the whole thing started an HOUR earlier!! WE MISSED her WHOLE recital!! -- It was actually an informal showcase. They do the real recital in the Spring - good for me. Christen was crying, I was flabbergasted and Todd was just shrugging his shoulders. Trevor was practically out the door and Brandon said, "don't worry, you have done that to me too." (which I do NOT recall) I felt felt like the worst mom EVER! Even though I have done many things for all of my children including that days shopping, multiple field trips, treats, etc, etc - this was a bad moment!!! I profusely apologized to my only daughter and she did forgive me.
Luckily, the two girls that she dances with most of the time were willing to do the tap dance again so I could videotape them and take a picture. Tomorrow is her dance party and you can be sure that we will be there on time with her favorite plate of cookies in hand!!
Anyhow, Todd cant take time off work close to Christmas so this does help. We had an enjoyable time together running errands and going out to lunch. He helped with carpool and I visit taught. We were planning on Christen's dance recital that evening. We were all set to go - got to the rec center while people were milling about. I went over and put some lipstick on my little dancer. The girls were exchanging their gifts as was planned. Then Trevor came up to me and said, "- so are we going now?" I said, "what are you talking about?" Then I glanced around and people were packing up to leave!! I was a bit confused until I realized that the whole thing started an HOUR earlier!! WE MISSED her WHOLE recital!! -- It was actually an informal showcase. They do the real recital in the Spring - good for me. Christen was crying, I was flabbergasted and Todd was just shrugging his shoulders. Trevor was practically out the door and Brandon said, "don't worry, you have done that to me too." (which I do NOT recall) I felt felt like the worst mom EVER! Even though I have done many things for all of my children including that days shopping, multiple field trips, treats, etc, etc - this was a bad moment!!! I profusely apologized to my only daughter and she did forgive me.
Luckily, the two girls that she dances with most of the time were willing to do the tap dance again so I could videotape them and take a picture. Tomorrow is her dance party and you can be sure that we will be there on time with her favorite plate of cookies in hand!!






2 comments:
Oh my gosh -- how funny! I'm sure every mom has a story like this to tell!
We walked out of the building after the ward Christmas party the other night and realized we had forgotten Lacey. Hello! How can I forget about my baby? Talk about bad mom!
Sounds like Christen was a good sport about it, though! :o)
Oh Lisa, don't feel bad...or atleast know that you are not alone! I've had plenty of moments like that. And for the record...you're an amazing mom!
julie
Post a Comment