Three days of Snow Days!
We have lived here for a long time now. 11 years in the area. Other than one spring break when we were snowed in - the kids were out of school anyway, this has never happened. THREE full snow days for the kids - OUT OF SCHOOL! Amazing. There is 2 ft of snow on our patio table outside. The boys have made an incredible snow fort in the front yard. It seems too dry of a snow to make a good snowman. Lots of hot chocolate, shoveling, indoor games, movies, and baking. As Christen and I were making pumpkin cookies we played a Princess Diaries trivia game together - asking eachother made up questions. She and I didnt do to well when we played Star Wars Trivial Pursuit with the neighbors!
I think that later today we will be able to go out. We will see. It is pretty outside although after our trip I really feel bad that our fall season is so short here. We had all the backpacks all set out last night just sure that the kids would be back and have their Fall/ Halloween parties. Oh well. Tonight Brandon was supposed to play in the band with the High School during the football game. I am assuming that wont happen now.






2 comments:
hmmmmm.....maybe i don't miss the snow! That is crazy! I do have a question though, wasn't there a HUGE snow storm a couple of years ago, in December that canceled school for a week, if i remember right? It was right before Matthew's mom passed away....so, i remember, we were just pacing, feeling trapped, and it was right before Christmas break, so i remember feeling like i was never going to be able to finish up christmas shopping b/c kids were home, and we were stuck. Maybe you guys in Castle Rock didn't have all the days off that aurora had off????
I dont remember that but I do remember a full week of snow days durring our spring break a few years ago.
Post a Comment