Saturday, April 26, 2008

This week's news



Todd and the boys are camping last night and today with the boy scouts. Christen had her friends, Sydney and Lauren come over to spend the night here. They are pretty cute together and having our dogs around are quite the novelty for them. Good thing the dogs are quite patient! I'm not sure the visiting girls appreciated me holding off on breakfast until I felt that I had slept in at bit - Hey - it is Sat morning and they were up at 7AM!!!



This past Monday there was a house fire in our subdivision. One house is totally destroyed and the next house partially. It is so devastating and kind of freaked me out. I was thinking about the fire my parents had before I was born and the fire at my grandparents house. Those of you who have moved from here it was on Decatur. 9 news had a big article about it if you want more info on it. Our ward has been helping and donating all sorts of thing and this weekend the community is having a fundraising BBQ.
There also was a death of a husband of one of our school aides. She has been with the school for 12 yrs. A few of you know her - Brenda - (Julie - the one whose daughter bought your first house.) So sad. But, here again, the community is rallying around to support and do a special fundraiser for the family next weekend.

3 comments:

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

i like the starfish!!!

the medeiros family said...

Oh that is so sad...the house and Brenda's husband. I'll keep them in my prayers.

Monica said...

I'm sorry about the house fires...scary!

Our Music


The Great Sand Dunes

The Great Sand Dunes
Here we are at the visitors center. Todd and Christen actually climbed pretty far up the dunes. We had fun playing in Medano Creek after we climbed.

Dancing Christen

Dancing Christen
Christen just had a recital with her group and did a great job!

temple fountain

temple fountain
One more of the temple visit. Every kid loves the fountain!

Mt Rushmore

Mt Rushmore

Families are Forever

Families are Forever
for Brooke and Family